Kunming has been a bit of a mixed experience so far, both good times and bad, though perhaps not as disastrous as I had first thought.
The bad first: I have lost my camera with all my photos on! This first struck me as a complete disaster as many of my memories were imortalised in pixels, and I was really quite upset at the loss. Luckily I have a few photos from Thailand uploaded on the internet though, and have asked Helen for copies of her photos from when we get back, as many of mine were of the beautiful scenery here. So, upsetting, but having thought about it a bit, not too big a disaster (sympathy is still very welcome though).
The good: On the train from Guilin to Kunming we met a lovely Canadian girl, Ally, who has been living in Kunming for the past year and a half and who gave us huge amounts of information about the town and surrounding area, helping us plan the next few days. She even took us to an amazing little Muslim restaurant for lunch when we arrived; the food was just so delicious, and I can definietly say that I would never have found something like that on my own. We even went out for icecream and coffee after, partly in an attempt to cheer me up after the loss of my camera.
We have also managed to pick up a third traveller, who we met on the Li River cruise and is heading to the same places as us in the next two weeks, so we figured we may as well head out together. It's quite odd in a way getting used to a third person as I have been so used to the two of us planning things together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment